Monday, July 12, 2010

Thing #19

I like Voicethread. I had not thought about using it in class before. But while I was exploring the suggested Voicethreads I had an idea of how I could use it. It would be neat to have the student create a dictionary of geography vocabulary. The slides could be illustrations or pictures of the words and the students could give a verbal definition. I have had the students create the dictionary before, all done on paper. They do not like the project. I think they would get more from the Voicethread assignment. I also have had my student create a scrapbook of a country. This would be a good project to create using Voicethread. The scrapbook includes history, cultural traditions, economy, physical geography among other things. It would be great to have a small group complete this on the computer and narrate the scrapbook.
I found this voicethread about different cultures from around the world. I would be able to use this in my geography class. It would allow students to compare and contrast different cultures around the world with our own culture. It would allow students to have an insight to some of the everyday ordinary things people do indifferent culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment