Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing #10

I had no idea about Creative Common. I was well aware of copyright laws and the difficulty with being able to use some things in the classroom. I had no idea that people were creating things that they wanted others to use in the classroom or for other reasons. I think it is fantastic and opens up a world of possibilities to teachers.

I have never posted anything on the web for people to use. I use many things in the classroom that have been designed by the district for my classes as well as many things that my fellow teachers and I have created for instruction. We have not posted any of them on the internet. Images and videos that we have used fall under the fair use policy.

I plan to use the OER Commons as I plan lessons for next year. They are many things available that could enhance my lessons. I like that it tells exactly how the creator wants to share his product. This will be very useful in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment