Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thing #14

Many of these were very fun. I played on the jigzone for a long time. I love puzzles and think this site could be great for my geography and US history classes. The puzzles can be done in the shape of the United States. This would make the students have to learn the states. So many of the students do not know them. I also enjoyed the quizlet website. That has a ton of information already created for students to use to study. I looked at the geography flashcards. They have all the vocabulary that I spend the first six weeks getting my students to learn. Because this is a website, I could easily use it to review students for exams. We could play a game by projecting the site onto the front board and dividing the class into teams. Students could also access the website at home to review on their own. I am always encouraging students to use flashcards to learn vocabulary. I also really liked Wordle. This one could be used to make really neat and informative posters for the classroom. You could create a world wall using this website. I loved the one that was created using the US Constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment